Total Pageviews

Monday, October 13, 2014

Obama Signals Opposition to ‘Fast Lanes’ in Support of Net Neutrality

Obama Signals Opposition to ‘Fast Lanes’ in Support of Net Neutrality | TIME: "Obama said a level playing field on the Internet was one of his earliest campaign promises. “On net neutrality, I made a commitment very early on that I am unequivocally committed to net neutrality,” Obama said, earning a round of applause from the tech-minded crowd. “I think it is what has unleashed the power of the Internet and we don’t want to lose that or clog up the pipes.”

 “I know that one of the things people are most concerned about is paid prioritization, the notion that somehow some folks can pay a little more money and get better service, more exclusive access to customers through the Internet: that is something I’m opposed to,” Obama said. “I was opposed to it when I ran and I continue to be opposed to it now.”" 'via Blog this'

No comments: